WHAT OUR GRADUATES ARE CAPABLE OF
Successfully completing the program will allow graduates to:
- Provide basic care for nursing home residents, hospital and rehabilitation center patients, adult daycare center attendees and in-home clients.
- Encourage residents and patients to be as independent as possible.
- Help reduce the potential negative effects of long term care.
- Work well as a team member
- Be sensitive to the physical and psychological needs of resident, patients, attendees and clients.
- Communicate effectively with facility staff, residents, clients, and attendees and family members
- Support and maintain resident rights.
- Recognize the importance of nurse aide role in caring for residents, patient attendees and clients in the medical field
- Report and document the physical condition and well –being of resident, patient, attendees and clients in their care.
- Be prepared for more advanced careers in health care and nursing